I wanted to share an experience my husband and I had today. We went to Robinson's abortion clinic to pray for 1 hour during these "40 days for Life". We usually try to pray at least once a month at the Planned Parenthood clinic over on Greenville Avenue, but it is at Robinson's where they are doing the 40 days.
When we pray at Planned Parenthood, we are not actually near the clinic. We stand at the corner as people drive in that direction. There is only one way in and out to get to Planned Parenthood. So we never really see those who are actually entering the clinic or coming out of the clinic. Today was different, we stood right in front of the clinic, so we saw people enter and leave. No, sadly, we were not blessed with seeing a baby saved today.
Instead, in the 1 hour that we were there, we saw the first woman leave the clinic in a wheel chair to her car. My heart just dropped. Like I said, we've never seen this side of what goes on at these clinics. After about 20 minutes, woman number two comes out in the exact same fashion. Man drives up, woman comes out in a wheel chair and away they go, not realizing that all though they believe they just got rid of their "problem", this experience will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
After this second couple left, a man across the street that we could not see, started to play the Ave Maria on a trumpet. It was beautiful and at the same time chilling, it was hard to fight the tears. But not nearly as hard as when after he played the Ave Maria, he played "Day is Done". Yes, the day was definitely done for those two innocent babies.
After another 15 minutes we had to witness, yet another woman coming out in the same fashion. "Victim" number 3 in just 1 hour. The thought that came to my mind at that time was....."Oh dear Lord, it's like an assembly line for murdering babies." I could even imagine the doctor saying "Next!" without giving it a second thought as to what he's doing. The woman who drove this woman home was in such a hurry to escape our presence, she almost pulled out in front of another car.
I was secretly glad that my hour was finally up. I wasn't sure how much more I could take....and all that in just 1 hour! There are only 6 more days left in this 40 days for Life. Of course we don't stop praying after that. I write this not to make you feel guilty if you have not found the time to pray at the clinic. We, too, have been so busy that it took us this long to finally go down there. Everybody has different circumstances, and it's understandable, but prayer is always something we can do.
Pray from your homes if you can't go down there. Pray for those who ARE down there praying and being a presence for the unborn children. Prayer IS powerful, because on the bright, because of the presence of those who are there, we have had some babies saved!! Thanks be to God!! Here is a poem that my husband came upon and it was for the occasion:
The New Morality
You didn't make it, Unborn Child.
They wouldn't let you be.
To your bud of life, they took a knife.
It's the "New Morality."
They didn't mean to hurt you, Love!
You have to understand.
Forgive them for what they did,
their life was so well-planned.
They couldn't take you with them
up the ladder of success.
Money meant more to them
than a child, heaven-blessed.
Tell me, little Unborn Child,
what did the Creator say?
Did He wrap you in His love,
and wipe your tears away?
You hover on the edge of time.
I see your faceless form.
You laugh whenever children play,
Oh, God, for you I mourn!
He sent His only Precious Son
to teach us all "the Way."
Still, we kill the unborn ones.
It happens every day!
You didn't make it, Unborn Child.
They wouldn't let you be.
They just expelled a blob of cells.
It's the "New Morality."




Thank you for sharing this!!Yesterday, I went with my friend Meredith and our parish Priest to pray at the abortion clinic in Fargo, ND for one hour also for the 40 days for life, it was the first time I had ever gone and I was so nervous and it was not easy for me but I am so glad I went.. I believe that hearts will be changed.. I don't know when.. I just believe we can never give up.
ReplyDelete