Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Headcovering How to:

I ran across this neat website that adequately explains the hows and whys of veiling. Hopefully you're curious and will check it out! I've found the whole veiling experience to be very rewarding and quite painless...after the first week or so.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh...I want to feel like I should wear a veil, but I just don't feel compelled yet. I read these websites hoping that something, anything, will spark something in me or that God will use something to tell me He wants me to do this...and so far, nothing. :(

    I'm afraid I'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons at this point. Maybe they'll make it mandatory again, and I can happily do it as an obedience issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then again, I'm "bad" and wear jeans to Mass quite regularly - especially if I end up at the 6 pm Mass (which I do quite often even though I'm not particularly fond of it).

    Oh, and sometimes flip flops, although I do try to remember to put on better shoes. I looked down during Mass on Sunday and realized I had thrown them on. I felt bad, but I really didn't think about it when I put them on because I was rushing to get there early for Confession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that attitude. I probably wouldn't do many things Catholics do if it wasn't for obedience. And yet, in the end I benefit. So, who knows, maybe it will be mandatory again.

    But, for now, it is a calling, not something one can impose.

    ReplyDelete