Throughout the campaign I recognized a Catholicity in Huckabee that he probably doesn't recognize. Many of his statements sound very JP2 or GKChesterton.
Here's another example I read today:
A Liberal: "Being gay is so integral to a person's identity that it's not a choice, it's like being African-American."
Huckabee: "I am especially offended by that, because blackness is an inescapable quality. Black is not a behavior. There's no behavior to black. What you can say is whatever disposition, it's a choice. A lot of people are celibate. When people enter the priesthood, they make a choice to subjugate certain behaviors and/or feelings. It's not that they don't have them; it's that they choose not to act on them." (full interview here)
Like Father Corapi says to homosexuals: "You and I are the same...called to celibacy!"
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment