Wednesday, February 4, 2009

God's Consolation to Dirty Diapers

Today I had to stop one mundane job of cleaning the kitchen for another...changing a dirty diaper. And not just your run of the mill dirty diaper, but the extraordinary leaked on the clothes kind of dirty diaper.

While this task might on the surface appear to be worse than most other mundane tasks, I am convinced that God builds in a consolation prize for my less than pretty efforts at keeping my baby clean. What is that reward?

020409 009r
Her joyful and beautiful smile that looks up at me. I'm convinced this is what heaven feels like.

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute!! I can't believe how much she's grown in one month. Kyle keeps asking when Jamie is coming over. Caleb is like, "Soon, Kyle, soon!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post. I'm going to add you to my blogroll. I see you're in Texas, and my husband and I are University of Dallas alumni. Great blog!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete