Monday, February 2, 2009

Presentation of the Lord (Candlemas)

“Christ himself says,'I am the light of the world.'And we are the light...If we receive it from him...But how do we make it shine?...The candle tells us:by burning, and being Consumed in the burning.”
—Pope Paul VI
(Our priest told us at Mass that the star on Mary's forehead represents Mary's virginity before the birth of Christ and the star on her shoulder represents Mary's virginity after the birth of Christ)
(Send this E-card to someone)

3 comments:

  1. wow, I learn something new all the time, I didn't know that about the star and Mary.. thank you for that info.. very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful==they also represent the Father and the Spirit, while the Child is...the reality, the Son. Yay, NFP. Were you recently in Family Foundations magazine? Your face looks familiar, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have been quoted a few times in the past. But I'm still reading my Sept./Oct. '08 issue; so if my face has been published I haven't found it yet :)

    I did see your pic though awhile back for your blog.

    ReplyDelete