It's been a "spilled milk" sort of day...except instead of crying, there's been yelling.I'm sure you can imagine the scenarios where needless things occur that just add extra work to your day and are ultimately a waste of time. (In the grocery business we called it "shrink" when something was wasted). Well, my domestic shrink comes in many forms: leaking dirty diapers... scrambled eggs that fall from a child's plate... once folded clothes scattered about...you get the picture.
All of these occurrences are innocent enough you would think, but still Mommy Ogre has to yell in order to feel better! My children must think they just can't do anything right and understandably so, since I nearly always forget to affirm the successes in their lives.
I fall... it's my nature. But how many times did God view my little transgressions as his daughter spilling milk??
Thank you Lord for always forgiving my personal episodes of spilled milk: my carelessness at Mass when my mind wanders... that extra hour of Fox News I didn't need to watch... my failure to notice those who are suffering and in need of (at the very least) my prayers. May I learn to forgive those little ones among me as easily as you forgive me.




Don't beat yourself up, we all have days like these:) Your right that we have a loving Lord who always forgives us.. how amazing that is:)
ReplyDelete