Monday, August 24, 2009

Take a Second Look at Huckabee, Please.

I usually blog about Conservative Politics over at TradCons. But today, I want to share with you a touching video of a politician who's much more than politics: Mike Huckabee. (I never miss his show on Fox News every Weekend)

My husband told me he heard Huckabee on Fox and Friends this weekend talking about his wedding anniversary. The hosts made some comment about how happy they must be after all these years. Huck looked at them and without hesitation says, "I didn't get married to be happy!" (they all look at him wondering) "I got married to be holy. Let me explain. We are born into this world selfish, that's why we're lying in our cribs crying. By loving my wife and living for her, I can shed that selfishness."

Unfortunately that was a short paraphrase of the exchange because I couldn't find a video of the conversation anywhere. You get the point he was making and once again shows how I believe Huckabee is a man of grace (and even shows Catholicity a time or two).

But, while searching for THAT video, I found this one. I'd like you to take a look and tell me your thoughts:

No comments:

Post a Comment