Friday, October 29, 2010

Awesome Wisdom from JP2 on Pregnancy!

I'm reading Prayerfully Expecting: A Nine Month Novena for Mothers To Be, and this month there was an awesome quote that I just had to share:

Although both together are parents of their child, the woman's motherhood constitutes a special part in the shared parenthood, and the most demanding part. Parenthood--even though it belongs to both--is realized more fully in the woman, especially in the prenatal period. It is the woman who pays directly for this shared generation, which literally absorbs the energies of her body and soul. It is therefore necessary that the man be fully aware that in their shared parenthood he owes a special debt to the woman. No program of "equal rights" between women and men is valid unless it takes this fact fully into account.
--Pope John Paul II, Mulieris Dignitatem

Imagine, the divine wisdom that this holy man had, and contrary to popular criticism, the fact that he is a celibate single man does not cloud his capacity to reach out to women and families.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! I was wondering do you have any good prayers you have come across to a woman SEEKING a pregnancy! I'm ttc and I know I could use all those types of prayers for PATIENCE and TRUST in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None come to mind right away. I do know that a novena to St. Ann would help. And over at http://lavatea.blogspot.com/, she recently did a novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help for this. I will pray for you. Most importantly, pray for the acceptance of God's will. Maybe you are called to be a mother naturally, or supernaturally through adoption. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete