Has anyone every heard of going "No Poo"?
It wasn't the first time I heard about this, but I ran across this article about how to maintain your hair without shampoo.
It makes sense. Our hair oils have a supply and demand just like breastmilk. The more we strip them away with shampoo, the more it will produce.
Besides, shampoo was nonexistent forever. And the number of chemicals we put on our scalp today is frightening, many of which are not regulated by the FDA.
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm seriously considering it. It requires using baking soda on the scalp and apple cidar vinegar on the ends. I've looked up some other natural recipe shampoos as well. That could be a possible alternative if I don't like this, but it would be way more costly.
If I make the leap, I'll let you know!




It sounds intriguing, although the smell of the vinegar - even though it wouldn't smell after rinsing and drying - would be a big stumbling block for me. :-)
ReplyDelete