Monday, October 18, 2010

MIA but back with news...

Yes, I've been MIA. I can't tell you why exactly. I've been distracted (and I'd say that's probably an understatement as far as blogging goes). But as I have some exciting news, perhaps you will forgive me, and know I have PLENTY to talk about now:

Baby #4 is on the way!





We are thrilled, although at first admittedly shocked. I was so ready to have another one, but we were trying to wait a little while to let my bones strengthen with my body's natural hormones during the monthly cycle. WELL...I've got the hormones alright! But now I will have to face the challenge of seriously considering weaning MUCH sooner than I would like. It's just the ONLY way to get my cycles back, and the back to back prolonged nursings have just worn my bones thin.

Why did we get pregnant? Well, I've talked it over with my "bosses" at CCL and they agree that it was a method pregnancy. Meaning, that the rules we chose to follow were 96.9% effective (in comparison to other rules that are more effective) and guess what? We were the 3.1%. So there you go. It happens, and if we had a mortal reason not to get pregnant, we WOULD have been much more conservative. I thank God for making this choice for us when we thought it wasn't time.

The good news is that I'm exercising now and taking lots of vitamins (though it is much harder right now with the morning sickness). But I will manage eventually. Perhaps I will have a fighting chance to strengthen my bones after all! I plan on getting my next scan right after the baby is born (due June 4th).

God Bless my awesome NFP doc, Dr. Joseph Behan. He doesn't see this as a serious problem, especially because I have yet to break a bone to show that the "proof is in the pudding" as he put it. So that's good news and reason to believe that my test results were probably exaggerated for someone my age. Whew!

I look forward to blogging about all of my new thoughts this time around. With a natural lifestyle well underway, will I have the courage to make the necessary changes for this pregnancy?? We shall see!


2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Many blessings and prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy for both you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! As soon as I found out, I actually looked back in the archives of your blog to relive it all again :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete